Management of International Tower One, Barangaroo, wanted to monitor the construction of the new Crown Casino, and surrounding buildings to ensure construction did not impact the iconic tower. Existing surveillance cameras mounted on the building’s balconies monitor the construction however they only take still photos every so often and image quality was quite poor. Micron Group was engaged by senior management to design, specify and install a custom CCTV video surveillance package to completely monitoring the area. Our CCTV camera solution would incorporate high resolution IP Rated AXIS cameras mounted strategically on the side of the building using custom made category 5 powder coated cyclonic brackets. AXIS POE network surveillance cameras were specified to capture and record high definition continuous round the clock footage of the nearby construction adjacent to the casino. The CCTV camera installation comprised of four military grade AXIS Q6215 PTZ Network surveillance cameras with an incredible 400 meter IR night vision range, and four x 4K IP rated AXIS dome cameras with inbuilt IR illumination. Axis surveillance cameras were mounted to the level 3 podium, and level 18 and 34 balconies. Our engineers opted to connect the system using a hybrid networked backbone using both Optical Fibre and copper and was configured to display the cameras simultaneously in the precincts’ basement control room and simultaneously broadcast to the level 23 building management office.
Unique features of this project
Micron was able to provide extensive continuous footage of the construction site using 8 military grade cameras and Milestone CCTV software.
- Level 3 cameras: AXIS P3228-LVE Outdoor 4K fixed dome for any light conditions.
- Used by the UK military, Micron Group scoped designed and implemented the Level 18 and 34 cameras: The cameras boast exceptional performance and reliability – AXIS Q6215-LE PTZ with 30x optical zoom and 21x digital including optimized IR capable of an unprecedented 400m night vision range.
- Ubiquiti Giga network switches were used for the CCTV network.
Assessing cable reticulation paths in Australia’s largest building from plant rooms to the camera locations on the side of the building with minimal impact was Micron Group’s foremost challenge. We were able minimize damage, drilling and fixing by using custom engineered support systems and relevant penetrations and conduits within the tower.
Micron Groups time schedules were updated weekly and presented to building management. Micron Group finished and delivered the project two weeks ahead of schedule.
Key Components and Equipment Used
• Milestone Network Video Recorder, NVR optimized version of the XProtect® video management software
• 4x AXIS Q6215-LE PTZ Network Camera with 30x optical zoom and 21x digital including optimized IR capable of an unprecedented 400m Night vision range.
• 4x AXISP3228–LVE Outdoor 4K fixed dome for any light conditions
• Dell Milestone NVR (Capable of 60 days recording including a 4K upgrade)
• Specialist CCTV interlinking devices to connect standalone system with existing security monitoring and KVM for screens and monitors
• Ubiquiti Giga Networking Switch inter-connecting IP Cameras and Network Video Recorder
• Seimon Networking Cat6A Shielded Data Cabling